About fifty or so years ago, the future was envisioned as flying cars, robots, and amazing technological advancements. It’s the time and place, so where exactly are we?
Elon Musk, a very intelligent and efficient businessman with a vision that those people fifty years ago had. He is making it a reality, albeit limited because of the skeptics of the 21st Century. Musk is easily recognized as the chairman of Tesla Motors and the founder of SpaceX. With both of these businesses under his belt, he is able to make all of those visions, those dreams, and those hopes a reality for the future.
Particularly with SpaceX, Musk has gained public attention by announcing his plans for a human expedition and colonization of our neighboring Planet Mars.
SpaceX began as a privately funded company and ever since it’s beginning in 2002, has become one of the more prestigious aeronautical companies with historical achievements.
According to Yaabot, SpaceX’s achievements are as follows:
- The first privately funded, liquid-fueled rocket, called Falcon 1, was able to reach orbit (28 September 2008)
- The first privately funded company to successfully launch which was Falcon 1 once again (28 September 2008)
- Orbit and recover a spacecraft called Dragon (9 December 2010)
- The first private company to send Dragon to the International Space Station (25 May 2012)
- The first private company to send a satellite into geosynchronous orbit
When will it become as simple as flying to another state as compared to a flight to Mars? An even bigger question arises: when will be able to go to the next planet over?
Musk has narrowed down the many questions he has had for his expedition, but only one truly remains a mystery: when?