Christmas decorations are being put up, the air is getting colder and the stress of trying to raise your semester grades is getting to you… it must be time for finals. Don’t fret, here are some ideas to help you study. *Remember these are just ideas, so do whatever helps you.
- Start! Just start . Don’t wait until you feel like starting or after just one more YouTube video.
- Predict questions. Look over past test and reviews to get an idea of what the test will be on the test.
- Make it Memorable. Create rhymes or acronyms, maybe even make up new lyrics to a song. Something catchy that will help you remember.
- Study the right way. Remember listening to Hamilton isn’t studying for History and reading articles on Buzzfeed isn’t studying for Language Arts. Instead of just staring at notes try practice questions.
- Study in Intervals. Don’t go over an hour without giving yourself a break. Maybe reward yourself with five to ten minutes of T.V. or social media.
- Study with friends. This may or may not help you. If you can have friends around without being distracted, then a friend or study group could help you get more done.
- Don’t stay up too late. I know we all feel like we need to cram in as much studying as we can, but sleep is also important. If you feel like you need a little more time, study in the morning before school.
- Switch it up. Switch up the subject your studying to not feel overwhelmed or bored.
Of course there is a lot more you can do but these are just some simple guidelines to follow.In the end, just try different techniques and pick what helps you. Don’t stress over it too much, it isn’t the end of the world. Just by trying your best, the work will pay off in the end.